Monday, July 23, 2012

Looking for Shapes & Drawing

Whilst I was reviewing some of my sketch and photo resources for the next stage - 'Developing Design Ideas' - I realised that I actually have very little in the way of sketches. I had been trying to make more of a conscious effort to draw but I know I set my own standards too high. I either want it to be a perfect representation of what I'm trying to draw or it's not good enough to show anyone or use. Again, I've been making a conscious effort to change that aspect of my approach as well.

Recently we went to the Embellished exhibition at Provost Skene's House in Aberdeen and I took quite a few photos of objects that were not in the exhibition itself, including one of a horses skull. I'm not sure why this particular object interested me and if I'm honest I don't think I even intended to ever use it, however when I was trying to decide what to sketch next, this was the one I chose.



Then I chose a section of the image using the viewing frame.


Oil Pastels

Watercolours
Watercolour close-up











I definitely feel more confident about my sketching now whether I think it's good enough or not. I am very much looking forward to developing my design ideas as prints or sewn projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment