Sunday, August 12, 2012

Printing and Painting on fabric - fabric

I decided to take a break from the honeycomb pattern, turning again to my sketches of the horse's skull from our visit to Provost Skene's House in Aberdeen. I'm not sure why but the image has really stuck with me and I wanted to see if I could recreate it in lino cut and print.



I'm now using a speedy carve material for my printing. It's a lot easier to cut into although it is easier to make mistakes as well!





black ink on white paper


white fabric paint on black cotton




I am really pleased with how this has transferred onto the fabric. I like how it has changed from being a simple cross section of one of my sketches to a different object altogether. At one point I saw a caterpillar on a leaf and another time, I was thinking of a spine and muscle around the vertebrae. It isn't an image that seems to transfer as a repetitive image but I'm going to be experimenting with that tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment